JC (JUNIOR COUNSELOR) PROGRAM: (incoming 12th graders)
Campers entering 12th grade are eligible to participate in our JC program. This is the final step in their camp journey before becoming camp counselors.
The Junior Counselor Program is designed and run by our full-time staff and will encompass a balance of first-year counselor responsibilities, a mentorship program, and time spent with fellow JCs.
JCs will have a dedicated advisor/mentor who will oversee them and will meet weekly to have open forum discussions about their summer progress. Each week, there will be a new subject to focus on and tasks/objectives for the JCs to achieve which will be reviewed and discussed.
JCs will also have the option to complete on-camp volunteer work with worthy charities and/or volunteer work in the local community. Hours will be supervised and may be used for school credit.
JC PROGRAM DETAILS
- Salary paid at end of summer
- Mentorship from full-time staff.
- Spend time teaching activities of their choice (3 in total).
- Weekly individual sessions with their campus supervisor.
- Weekly individual sessions with their Department Head.
- Weekly Workshops to review goals and objectives.
- Live in a bunk of younger campers with 3 other counselors.
- Staff curfew.
- Organized weekly trip off camp.
- Nights off when not on duty in the bunk.
- Planned evening dinners and trips off camp.
- Optional Community Service with potential school credit.
APPLY TO BE A JC
Fill out our online application:
(NOTE: The application must be filled out by the prospective JC, not a parent/guardian.)