Teen Leadership Training
Campers entering the 11th and 12th grades are eligible to participate in our LT and JC programs. These programs are designed to develop skills and responsibilities associated with their future roles as camp counselors.
LT PROGRAM: (incoming 11th graders)
Our LT Program is the heart and soul of camp and our LTs set a wonderful example for all of those campers following in their footsteps. As our resident camp experts, LTs begin to coach and teach in their favorite activity areas and receive on-the-job training to prepare them for the JC program and life outside of camp.
LTs have the opportunity to gain school credit through community service and Lindenmere’s work with SCOPE, a nonprofit organization that gives the gift of camp to children in underserved communities. They can also sign up for committees to help plan and execute events throughout the summer. Also, LTs go on exclusive trips and take part in special events, only offered to older campers. Parents will also receive a 15% discount for the program.
SKILLS OUR LTs DEVELOP
- Problem Solving
- Safety & Risk Management
- Program and Activity Design
- Group Management Techniques
- Team Building Activities
LT Program Details
- Opportunity to sign up for committees and plan, develop and execute events of their choice.
- Potential to earn school credit through volunteer work.
- 3-4 day trip to an exciting location (Session 2).
- Additional ‘Destination Unknown’ event in each session.
- On-the-job training to develop coaching and teaching skills.
- Campers choose which activity to assist.
- Weekly Workshops to review Leadership Training Skills.
- Full-time LT Staff run the program.
- Live in LT Bunks (male bunk and female bunk).
- Later curfew and additional perks.Special Evening Activities and Trips out of Camp.
- Discounted tuition.
JC (JUNIOR COUNSELOR) PROGRAM: (incoming 12th graders)
Campers entering 12th grade are eligible to participate in our JC program. This is the final step in their camp journey before becoming camp counselors.
The Junior Counselor Program is designed and run by our full-time staff and will encompass a balance of first-year counselor responsibilities, a mentorship program, and time spent with fellow JCs.
JCs will have a dedicated advisor/mentor who will oversee them and will meet weekly to have open forum discussions about their summer progress. Each week, there will be a new subject to focus on and tasks/objectives for the JCs to achieve which will be reviewed and discussed.
JCs will also have the option to complete on-camp volunteer work with worthy charities and/or volunteer work in the local community. Hours will be supervised and may be used for school credit.
JC PROGRAM DETAILS
- Salary paid at end of summer
- Mentorship from full-time staff.
- Spend time teaching activities of their choice (3 in total).
- Weekly individual sessions with their campus supervisor.
- Weekly individual sessions with their Department Head.
- Weekly Workshops to review goals and objectives.
- Live in a bunk of younger campers with 3 other counselors.
- Staff curfew.
- Organized weekly trip off camp.
- Nights off when not on duty in the bunk.
- Planned evening dinners and trips off camp.
- Optional Community Service with potential school credit.
APPLY TO BE A JC
Fill out our online application:
(NOTE: The application must be filled out by the prospective JC, not a parent/guardian.)